Обсуждение: dump among different versions of postgreSQL

dump among different versions of postgreSQL

От
Gustavo Pérez
Дата:
  I've playing for a while with differents versions of postgreSQL (to
be  exact, versions 7.2.2, 7.3.3 and 7.3.4) and I noticed that the only
one that dumped/restored correctly a database with blob's was version 7.3.4.

  I made a dump by the book, without OID's. The restoration procedure
worked totally fine with version 7.3.4 ( including the recalculation of
OID's ). I tryed dumping with version 7.3.3 and restoring the dump with
version 7.3.4 (which worked fine for me) so I think the problem is
pg_restore.

  May anyone report succesfull restoration with previous versions of
'pg_restore' ? I think someone pointed that pg_restore was a little
buggy in previous versions, Am I right ?

  Gustavo Pérez

Re: dump among different versions of postgreSQL

От
"Kuhn, Dylan K (4520500D)"
Дата:
I've successfully dumped and restored a database containing large objects with 7.3.3 and previous versions.  I've used
the'tar' archive format something like this:

% pg_dump -F t -b dbwithlos | gzip > dump.tar.gz
% zcat dump.tar.gz | pg_restore -d restoredbwithlos

Dylan Kuhn

Alumne FIB - GUSTAVO PEREZ QUEROL
Дата:
  Setting the verbose mode (which usually uses to be very usefull ;) ), showed me something like this while restoring :

         BEGIN, still in transaction (more or less)

  which made me think that the autocommit was disabled. This feature in series 7.3.x is very usefull to me but, as I
checked,
in the restore file there are two BEGIN's. That avoided pg_restore to resolve the OID's succesfully.

  Right now, turning the autocommit to true, while restore (and disabling it later), allows me to restore any database.

  Thanks for your interest,

  Gustavo