dump among different versions of postgreSQL

От Gustavo Pérez
Тема dump among different versions of postgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
  I've playing for a while with differents versions of postgreSQL (to
be  exact, versions 7.2.2, 7.3.3 and 7.3.4) and I noticed that the only
one that dumped/restored correctly a database with blob's was version 7.3.4.

  I made a dump by the book, without OID's. The restoration procedure
worked totally fine with version 7.3.4 ( including the recalculation of
OID's ). I tryed dumping with version 7.3.3 and restoring the dump with
version 7.3.4 (which worked fine for me) so I think the problem is
pg_restore.

  May anyone report succesfull restoration with previous versions of
'pg_restore' ? I think someone pointed that pg_restore was a little
buggy in previous versions, Am I right ?

  Gustavo Pérez