Обсуждение: Call to undefined function: pg_connect()

Call to undefined function: pg_connect()

От
"shreedhar"
Дата:
Hi All,

I Updated my Postgresql Server from 7.2.4 which came along with RH7.3 to
7.3.2. After updating I could not able to connect database through PHP. So I
recompiled PHP4.1.2 (same version which have earlier in my system), even
then I am not able to connect through PHP. Is there any other package has to
be installed for this connection.

Please some body help me out regarding. I am breaking my head since two
days.

Thanks for any idea.

Regards,
Sreedhar Bhaskararaju

Re: Call to undefined function: pg_connect()

От
Joe Conway
shreedhar wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I Updated my Postgresql Server from 7.2.4 which came along with RH7.3 to
> 7.3.2. After updating I could not able to connect database through PHP. So I
> recompiled PHP4.1.2 (same version which have earlier in my system), even
> then I am not able to connect through PHP. Is there any other package has to
> be installed for this connection.

If I remember correctly, this is because libpq.so changed from
libpq.so.2 to libpq.so.3. Is there an old copy of libpq.so.2 hanging
around that is getting linked with instead of libpq.so.3? Did you re-run
configure and do a `make clean` on PHP before rebuilding it? If you are
really desperate, try creating a libpq.so.2 symlink from libpq.so.3.

HTH,

Joe

Re: [GENERAL] Call to undefined function: pg_connect()

От
"shreedhar"
Дата:
/usr/lib/libpq.so.2
/usr/lib/libpq.so.2.0
/usr/lib/libpq.so.2.2
/usr/lib/libpq.so

I have the above versions of libpq.so in my system. Which I have to use.
Suppose it might have to chage any config files where I should change.

Thanks alot,
With best regards,
Sreedhar
> > I Updated my Postgresql Server from 7.2.4 which came along with RH7.3 to
> > 7.3.2. After updating I could not able to connect database through PHP.
So I
> > recompiled PHP4.1.2 (same version which have earlier in my system), even
> > then I am not able to connect through PHP. Is there any other package
has to
> > be installed for this connection.
>
> If I remember correctly, this is because libpq.so changed from
> libpq.so.2 to libpq.so.3. Is there an old copy of libpq.so.2 hanging
> around that is getting linked with instead of libpq.so.3? Did you re-run
> configure and do a `make clean` on PHP before rebuilding it? If you are
> really desperate, try creating a libpq.so.2 symlink from libpq.so.3.
>
> HTH,
>
> Joe

Re: Call to undefined function: pg_connect()

От
maillist
shreedhar wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I Updated my Postgresql Server from 7.2.4 which came along with RH7.3 to
> 7.3.2. After updating I could not able to connect database through PHP. So I
> recompiled PHP4.1.2 (same version which have earlier in my system), even
> then I am not able to connect through PHP. Is there any other package has to
> be installed for this connection.
>
> Please some body help me out regarding. I am breaking my head since two
> days.
>
> Thanks for any idea.
>
> Regards,
> Sreedhar Bhaskararaju

> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend
the only time I have received that error message is when
/usr/lib/php4/pgsql.so was not installed on rh 9.0 installation of
server + kde + gnome. seems they didn't install php-pgsql.

to verify that your new php actualy has postgresql configured create
test file
test.php
containing
<?php
phpinfo();
?>

run php -f test.php > test.html
view test.html with browser
and verify that pgsql.so made it into the
/usr/lib/php4 directory

hope this helps, I know my gooooogle search didn't, but the other rh 9.0
install did work and the only thing i did different was to check install
every thing
hope this helps

Re: Call to undefined function: pg_connect()

От
"scott.marlowe"
Дата:
On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, shreedhar wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I Updated my Postgresql Server from 7.2.4 which came along with RH7.3 to
> 7.3.2. After updating I could not able to connect database through PHP. So I
> recompiled PHP4.1.2 (same version which have earlier in my system), even
> then I am not able to connect through PHP. Is there any other package has to
> be installed for this connection.

I was playing the other day, and got pgsql 7.3.4, php 4.3.2 and apache
1.3.28 up and running fine on redhat 7.2 with all updates.  Straighforward
build.  Had some issues trying to make older flavors of php work with
apache after 1.3.27, but updating PHP helped on that.

I'd recommend trying the latest version of PHP if you can upgrade to it,
and see if that helps.