Обсуждение: Invalid UNICODE character sequence found (0xd14f)

Invalid UNICODE character sequence found (0xd14f)

От
Hugo Escobar
Hi all:

I have to work with data coming from non-english speakers.
When I load data into the database I get lots of messages
like this:

Invalid UNICODE character sequence found (0xd14f)

I'm afraid I have to recompile postgres with option --with-nls
to solve this situation. Is this the case?

Thanks in advance
Hugo Escobar

Re: Invalid UNICODE character sequence found (0xd14f)

От
Weiping He
Дата:
No, --with-nls just enable the different
language support for those messages emited
by PostgreSQL.

you should check your database encoding scheme,
to find out if your database encoding are the
same with your data encoding.use
psql -l
would show you the encoding of your database.

regards

Laser