Обсуждение: Authentication Problem with Postgres

Authentication Problem with Postgres

От
Andre Schubert
Дата:
Hi all,

sometimes i have a curios problem with my Zope.
Without any errors in any logs Zope could not authenticate himself with
postgres.
The error message is that there is a wrong password.
After a restart of Zope everything works fine until the eror occurs
again.

My sysop has traced the protcols before and after the error.
Zope sends some data and then a crypted password with the salt.
If the error is occured the password that Zope sends is crypted wrong.
After a restart of Zope the password is right crypted.

Could anybody help or explain me this problem, it is very important for
the further use of Zope
for our websites.

Thanks as

Settings using PuTTy

От
Miguel Gonzalez
Дата:
Dear all,

 I am accessing my Red Hat linux box through PuTTY and I am
 experiencing the following problem using the psql interface of
 PostgreSQL. For instance I cannot use the backspace key or I cannot
 access to the command history of PostgreSQL using the arrow keys like
 i could do in a terminal if I am working in the server. Does anyone
 knows the settings? I have been trying different ones, but I cannot
 figure out how to do it.

 Many thanks in advance

 Miguel

Re: Settings using PuTTy

От
Miguel Gonzalez
Дата:
Sorry for the missing info. The PuTTY Version is 0.51.

v> Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 6:22 PM
v> Subject: [ADMIN] Settings using PuTTy

--
Saludos,
 Miguel                            mailto:iafmgc@unileon.es

Re: Settings using PuTTy

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
On Thursday 13 December 2001 07:52 am, Miguel Gonzalez wrote:
>  I am accessing my Red Hat linux box through PuTTY and I am
>  experiencing the following problem using the psql interface of
>  PostgreSQL. For instance I cannot use the backspace key or I cannot
>  access to the command history of PostgreSQL using the arrow keys like
>  i could do in a terminal if I am working in the server. Does anyone
>  knows the settings? I have been trying different ones, but I cannot
>  figure out how to do it.

Does the command history and backspace properly work for a local xterm?  I
ask that because PuTTY (which I use regularly) emulates an xterm, not a
straight tty.

If a local xterm works but PuTTY doesn't, check your emulator settings in
PuTTY itself, to see what it's trying to send with backspace.  I have used
PuTTY to access psql with backspace and history working properly on my RedHat
PostgreSQL box a number of times.

However, there was a problem with the version of readline used at one point
in time -- you might be running up against this buglet.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

Re: Settings using PuTTy

От
Miguel Gonzalez
Дата:
Hola Lamar,

yes the command history and backspace works perfectly in the local
terminal (text terminal i dont have X)

how can I check the emulator settings? Which ones should I have?

Thanks for your help

Miguel

LO> On Thursday 13 December 2001 07:52 am, Miguel Gonzalez wrote:
>>  I am accessing my Red Hat linux box through PuTTY and I am
>>  experiencing the following problem using the psql interface of
>>  PostgreSQL. For instance I cannot use the backspace key or I cannot
>>  access to the command history of PostgreSQL using the arrow keys like
>>  i could do in a terminal if I am working in the server. Does anyone
>>  knows the settings? I have been trying different ones, but I cannot
>>  figure out how to do it.

LO> Does the command history and backspace properly work for a local xterm?  I
LO> ask that because PuTTY (which I use regularly) emulates an xterm, not a
LO> straight tty.

LO> If a local xterm works but PuTTY doesn't, check your emulator settings in
LO> PuTTY itself, to see what it's trying to send with backspace.  I have used
LO> PuTTY to access psql with backspace and history working properly on my RedHat
LO> PostgreSQL box a number of times.

LO> However, there was a problem with the version of readline used at one point
LO> in time -- you might be running up against this buglet.

--
Saludos,
 Miguel                            mailto:iafmgc@unileon.es

Re: Settings using PuTTy

От
Boban Acimovic
Дата:
BTW, I am using OpenSSH server (Solaris 6, 7, 8) and client (Linux - KDE
- konsole) and I have the same problem with psql. So, this is not
specific to PuTTy. This must be possible to fix completely with TTY
settings, but I never had time to check this further out. Besides, I am
not using psql so often.

I didn't figure out how to get backspace and arrow keys to work
correctly, but I can help you to be able to delete at least.

In .bashrc (this file is in the home directory of your user on remote
machine) add this line:

stty erase ^?

This will make Ctrl-h to behave just like backspace. This is old UNIX
delete key used by vi as well. The right solution is to fix psql to
behave just like other modern UNIX console software.

Regards,
Boban Acimovic
www.mbl.is

Re: Settings using PuTTy

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
On Thursday 13 December 2001 12:14 pm, Miguel Gonzalez wrote:
> yes the command history and backspace works perfectly in the local
> terminal (text terminal i dont have X)

> how can I check the emulator settings? Which ones should I have?

I'll have to reboot into windoze to check -- but I _did_ a few hours ago
(while booted into windoze to run a network virus scan) check to see if my
PuTTY installation would work with my 7.2b3 RPM installation on RedHat 7.1.
History and backspace worked perfectly.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

Re: Settings using PuTTy

Дата:
My only guess is that you are using 8-bit arrow keys.  Not sure how to
check that.