Re: Settings using PuTTy

От Boban Acimovic
Тема Re: Settings using PuTTy
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
BTW, I am using OpenSSH server (Solaris 6, 7, 8) and client (Linux - KDE
- konsole) and I have the same problem with psql. So, this is not
specific to PuTTy. This must be possible to fix completely with TTY
settings, but I never had time to check this further out. Besides, I am
not using psql so often.

I didn't figure out how to get backspace and arrow keys to work
correctly, but I can help you to be able to delete at least.

In .bashrc (this file is in the home directory of your user on remote
machine) add this line:

stty erase ^?

This will make Ctrl-h to behave just like backspace. This is old UNIX
delete key used by vi as well. The right solution is to fix psql to
behave just like other modern UNIX console software.

Regards,
Boban Acimovic
www.mbl.is