Обсуждение: SOS !!: Porstgress forgot all ! Help !

SOS !!: Porstgress forgot all ! Help !

От
Jean-Arthur Silve
Дата:
when i do a vacuum, i see in debug message that my datas are there (1800
tuples etc...)

when i do a select..0 rows !
when i try to insert a data with a duplicate key, i ve got the message that
postgres cannot insert a duplcate key...

so my datas are here..but i can't see them !!

helpp!!

At 14:12 12/02/01 +0100, Jean-Arthur Silve wrote:
>Hi !
>
>I did a pgdump on a database. It was ok
>
>After, all tables have dissapeard ,even those in other databases !
>
>when I check in the data directories, all datas are here, but in pg_class,
>there is no more tables ! (except system tables !)
>
>Is there a way to retrieve my lost tables ?????
>
>jean-arthur
>Le simple fait de passer par la fenetre ne suffit pas a la transformer en
>porte.

Le simple fait de passer par la fenetre ne suffit pas a la transformer en porte.

RE: SOS !!: Porstgress forgot all ! Help !

От
Jean-Arthur Silve
Дата:
I tried, but nothing has changed !

The strangest is I have a database which was not accessed sinc several days
and even this one does not function....

in pg_class, I see for exemple that one on my table has ntuples=1800 but
I can't access it...

Well...I really dont know this time what to do...

At 08:11 12/02/01 -0800, Mikheev, Vadim wrote:
> > when i do a vacuum, i see in debug message that my datas are
> > there (1800 tuples etc...)
> >
> > when i do a select..0 rows !
>
>Try to reindex database.
>
>Vadim

Le simple fait de passer par la fenetre ne suffit pas a la transformer en porte.

RE: SOS !!: Porstgress forgot all ! Help !

От
"Mikheev, Vadim"
Дата:
> I tried, but nothing has changed !
>
> The strangest is I have a database which was not accessed
> sinc several days and even this one does not function....
>
> in pg_class, I see for exemple that one on my table has
> ntuples=1800 but I can't access it...

Oh, so you're able to select from your table but select
returns 0 tuples?
Ok, what exactly vacuum verbose says about your table with
1800 tuples (vacuum' message asis, please).
I saw something like this when pg_variables was corrupted
and table' tuples weren't visible because of next_xid
was too small but I need in vacuum message to know
is it that case or not.

Vadim

RE: SOS !!: Porstgress forgot all ! Help !

От
"Mikheev, Vadim"
Дата:
> when i do a vacuum, i see in debug message that my datas are
> there (1800 tuples etc...)
>
> when i do a select..0 rows !

Try to reindex database.

Vadim