Обсуждение: problem with mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh if USE_TCL=false

problem with mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh if USE_TCL=false

От
jmoschet@netscape.net
Дата:
I configured postgres 7.0.2 without tcl (or plperl for that matter).

So I went back and tried to make them.

plperl made fine.  No problems adding it to Postgres either.

But the tcl build fails and I think it is because configure creates an
erroneous mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh unless USE_TCL is defined.

The Makefile for tcl executes the mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh to create the needed
defs to compile the pltcl.so

# here's the target
Makefile.tcldefs: mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh
/bin/sh mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh

But if USE_TCL is not true then when configure creates the
mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh from the .in file, @TCL_CONFIG_SH@ is not so nothing is
substituted for it in the resulting mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh.

I was able to overcome this by hand copying the tclConfig.sh to
Makefile.tcldefs (and then removed all the ' (single quotes)) and
everything is ok now.

Just a note for something that may need to be repaired so tcl can be added
after an initial postgres build w/o having to re configure and reinstall ?

the

Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Webmail account today at
http://webmail.netscape.com/

Re: problem with mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh if USE_TCL=false

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
jmoschet@netscape.net writes:

> But the tcl build fails and I think it is because configure creates an
> erroneous mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh unless USE_TCL is defined.

> Just a note for something that may need to be repaired so tcl can be added
> after an initial postgres build w/o having to re configure and reinstall ?

Lying to configure is not supported.  If you change your mind about the
options then you need to rerun it.

Installation and execution under Jail'ed virtual machine

От
"Dave VanAuken"
Дата:
Question probably steps beyond the general list...

Have a FreeBSD 4.2 box...  have created two Virtual machines with the
jail process.
Apache and PHp configure and execute fine, but am having some
cinfiguration and execution problems with pgsql... not sure if I am
missing something or if pgsql doesn't like being in the jail

Attempting to manually start the postmaster produces the following:

%postmaster -i
IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed (Function not implemented) key=5432010,
size=144, permission=700
This type of error is usually caused by an improper
shared memory or System V IPC semaphore configuration.
For more information, see the FAQ and platform-specific
FAQ's in the source directory pgsql/doc or on our
web site at http://www.postgresql.org.
IpcMemoryIdGet: shmget failed (Function not implemented) key=5432010,
size=144, permission=0
IpcMemoryAttach: shmat failed (Function not implemented) id=-2
FATAL 1:  AttachSLockMemory: could not attach segment
%

Searching for jail faq's and posts regarding this matter produces some
close, but not helpful posts regarding chroot'ed environments.

Any insights, requests for details, and assistance are appreciated.

Dave

Re: problem with mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh if USE_TCL=false

От
jmoschet@netscape.net
Дата:
How is that a lie?  This isn't the case with --with-perl.  Perl interface
still builds fine if you leave out --with-perl and decide to add it later.

It's simply that configure created the makefile either way, --with-tcl option
or without.  It was just a request to be consistent, or do nothing at all.

The documentation in the directory mentions nothiong about having to had
specify --with-tcl for the pltcl to build.

Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:

> jmoschet@netscape.net writes:
>
> > But the tcl build fails and I think it is because configure creates an
> > erroneous mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh unless USE_TCL is defined.
>
> > Just a note for something that may need to be repaired so tcl can be added
> > after an initial postgres build w/o having to re configure and reinstall ?
>
> Lying to configure is not supported.  If you change your mind about the
> options then you need to rerun it.
>
> --
> Peter Eisentraut      peter_e@gmx.net       http://yi.org/peter-e/

Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Webmail account today at
http://webmail.netscape.com/

Cobol TO SQL To PostgreSQL

От
"Luis Fernando Fabara M."
Дата:
Hi to all.
Im in search for a tool or way to migrate data from a Cobol file to SQL
and then To PostgreSQL or direct.
Im trying to create a Datawarehouse with PostgreSQL  and Zope to create
interactive reports from an Old Cobol System. (The Client dont want to
migrate to PSQL all of his system)

Any suggestions??

Thanks!!!

Re: Cobol TO SQL To PostgreSQL

От
"Luis Fernando Fabara M."
Дата:
As long as I know.. YES.
In fact the system will work like this.
There are 4 Cobol Servers in Sync With a Master Central Server.
What they need is a system that will fetch the data from the Cobol
Master Server and fill the tables in aPostgreSQL Data Warehouse, then
this tables will be accessed by Zope, to generate WebBased reports on a
Web Aplication we are going to develop.

Thanks for any help you can give.