Re: [ADMIN] problem with mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh if USE_TCL=false

От jmoschet@netscape.net
Тема Re: [ADMIN] problem with mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh if USE_TCL=false
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
How is that a lie?  This isn't the case with --with-perl.  Perl interface
still builds fine if you leave out --with-perl and decide to add it later.

It's simply that configure created the makefile either way, --with-tcl option
or without.  It was just a request to be consistent, or do nothing at all.

The documentation in the directory mentions nothiong about having to had
specify --with-tcl for the pltcl to build.

Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:

> jmoschet@netscape.net writes:
>
> > But the tcl build fails and I think it is because configure creates an
> > erroneous mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh unless USE_TCL is defined.
>
> > Just a note for something that may need to be repaired so tcl can be added
> > after an initial postgres build w/o having to re configure and reinstall ?
>
> Lying to configure is not supported.  If you change your mind about the
> options then you need to rerun it.
>
> --
> Peter Eisentraut      peter_e@gmx.net       http://yi.org/peter-e/

Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Webmail account today at
http://webmail.netscape.com/