Обсуждение: problem with mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh if USE_TCL=false

problem with mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh if USE_TCL=false

От
jmoschet@netscape.net
Дата:
I configured postgres 7.0.2 without tcl (or plperl for that matter).

So I went back and tried to make them.

plperl made fine.  No problems adding it to Postgres either.

But the tcl build fails and I think it is because configure creates an
erroneous mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh unless USE_TCL is defined.

The Makefile for tcl executes the mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh to create the needed
defs to compile the pltcl.so

# here's the target
Makefile.tcldefs: mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh
/bin/sh mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh

But if USE_TCL is not true then when configure creates the
mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh from the .in file, @TCL_CONFIG_SH@ is not so nothing is
substituted for it in the resulting mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh.

I was able to overcome this by hand copying the tclConfig.sh to
Makefile.tcldefs (and then removed all the ' (single quotes)) and
everything is ok now.

Just a note for something that may need to be repaired so tcl can be added
after an initial postgres build w/o having to re configure and reinstall ?

the

Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Webmail account today at
http://webmail.netscape.com/

Re: [ADMIN] problem with mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh if USE_TCL=false

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
jmoschet@netscape.net writes:

> But the tcl build fails and I think it is because configure creates an
> erroneous mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh unless USE_TCL is defined.

> Just a note for something that may need to be repaired so tcl can be added
> after an initial postgres build w/o having to re configure and reinstall ?

Lying to configure is not supported.  If you change your mind about the
options then you need to rerun it.

Re: [ADMIN] problem with mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh if USE_TCL=false

От
jmoschet@netscape.net
Дата:
How is that a lie?  This isn't the case with --with-perl.  Perl interface
still builds fine if you leave out --with-perl and decide to add it later.

It's simply that configure created the makefile either way, --with-tcl option
or without.  It was just a request to be consistent, or do nothing at all.

The documentation in the directory mentions nothiong about having to had
specify --with-tcl for the pltcl to build.

Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:

> jmoschet@netscape.net writes:
>
> > But the tcl build fails and I think it is because configure creates an
> > erroneous mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh unless USE_TCL is defined.
>
> > Just a note for something that may need to be repaired so tcl can be added
> > after an initial postgres build w/o having to re configure and reinstall ?
>
> Lying to configure is not supported.  If you change your mind about the
> options then you need to rerun it.
>
> --
> Peter Eisentraut      peter_e@gmx.net       http://yi.org/peter-e/

Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Webmail account today at
http://webmail.netscape.com/

Cobol TO SQL To PostgreSQL

От
"Luis Fernando Fabara M."
Дата:
Hi to all.
Im in search for a tool or way to migrate data from a Cobol file to SQL
and then To PostgreSQL or direct.
Im trying to create a Datawarehouse with PostgreSQL  and Zope to create
interactive reports from an Old Cobol System. (The Client dont want to
migrate to PSQL all of his system)

Any suggestions??

Thanks!!!