problem with mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh if USE_TCL=false

От jmoschet@netscape.net
Тема problem with mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh if USE_TCL=false
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I configured postgres 7.0.2 without tcl (or plperl for that matter).

So I went back and tried to make them.

plperl made fine.  No problems adding it to Postgres either.

But the tcl build fails and I think it is because configure creates an
erroneous mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh unless USE_TCL is defined.

The Makefile for tcl executes the mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh to create the needed
defs to compile the pltcl.so

# here's the target
Makefile.tcldefs: mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh
/bin/sh mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh

But if USE_TCL is not true then when configure creates the
mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh from the .in file, @TCL_CONFIG_SH@ is not so nothing is
substituted for it in the resulting mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh.

I was able to overcome this by hand copying the tclConfig.sh to
Makefile.tcldefs (and then removed all the ' (single quotes)) and
everything is ok now.

Just a note for something that may need to be repaired so tcl can be added
after an initial postgres build w/o having to re configure and reinstall ?

the

Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Webmail account today at
http://webmail.netscape.com/