Обсуждение: pltcl, linker and statistical functions

pltcl, linker and statistical functions

От
Michel Decima
Дата:
Hello,

  I'm a beginner postgresql admin and I have problems with pltcl on a solaris
  box.

  Some users need statistical function (standard deviation, variance) and
I know
  that this feature is not (yet) implemented. I found a piece of Tcl code
in the
  mailing list archive at

  http://www.postgresql.org/mhonarc/pgsql-sql/1998-10/msg00070.html

  and I'm trying to make it work...

  Currently, the pltcl language is installed, all functions and aggregates are
  created, but when I launch the query in psql :

  select a, count(b) as n, average(b),
    variance(b), stddev(b) from t1 group by a;

  I got the following error message :

ERROR:  Load of file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/pltcl.so failed: ld.so.1: /usr/
local/p
gsql/bin/postmaster: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/
pltcl.so
: symbol CurrentMemoryContext: referenced symbol not found

 Is there a way to solve this dynamic link problem ?

 Note : the pltcl is not really needed for itself. I'm just looking for the
 statistical functions, so every solution is wecome ;)

 Michel.

OS: Solaris 2.7

Used Software:
    gcc-2.95.2
    make-3.79
    binutils-2.9.1
    flex-2.5.4
    bison-1.28

Source: postgresql-7.0.2
Configuration:
./configure \
    --prefix=/usr/local/pgsql \
    --with-x \
    --with-perl \
    --with-odbc \
    --without-CXX \
    --with-tcl \
    --with-includes=/usr/local/pgtools/include \
    --with-libs=/usr/local/pgtools/lib \
    --with-tclconfig=/usr/local/pgtools/lib \
    --with-tkconfig=/usr/local/pgtools/lib

Environment variables:
PGHOME=/usr/local/pgsql
PGLIB=/usr/local/pgsql/lib
PGDATA=/var/local/lib/pgsql/data
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/openwin/lib:/usr/local/pgsql/lib

Too many open files in system

От
"Toma Vailikit"
Дата:
I run a pretty heavily visited web site and am using postgres aa the SQL
database on it. I'm beta testing some stuff and after a while Postgres dies
like a dog and I get the following entries in the log:

FATAL 1:  File '/usr/local/pgsql/data/PG_VERSION' does not exist or no read
permission.
postmaster: StreamConnection: accept: Too many open files in system

I can reproduce this by just blasting away at the refresh button on a
browser. Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Too many open files in system

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
It sounds as if postgres is running into the kernel's
system open files limit.  What is it set to, and how
many backends are running when this starts happening?

Stephan Szabo
sszabo@bigpanda.com

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Toma Vailikit wrote:

> I run a pretty heavily visited web site and am using postgres aa the SQL
> database on it. I'm beta testing some stuff and after a while Postgres dies
> like a dog and I get the following entries in the log:
>
> FATAL 1:  File '/usr/local/pgsql/data/PG_VERSION' does not exist or no read
> permission.
> postmaster: StreamConnection: accept: Too many open files in system
>
> I can reproduce this by just blasting away at the refresh button on a
> browser. Anyone have any ideas?

Re: pltcl, linker and statistical functions

От
Michel Decima
>ERROR:  Load of file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/pltcl.so failed: ld.so.1: /usr/
>local/pgsql/bin/postmaster: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/local/pgs
>ql/lib/pltcl.so: symbol CurrentMemoryContext: referenced symbol not found
>
> Is there a way to solve this dynamic link problem ?

ok, sorry for the question... it is a solaris/gcc problem and the answer
is here :

http://www.postgresql.org/mhonarc/pgsql-hackers/2000-03/msg00030.html

to make it work, I just added the following line to the solaris_sparc_gcc
template:

LDFLAGS:-Wl,--export-dynamic

MD.