pltcl, linker and statistical functions

От Michel Decima
Тема pltcl, linker and statistical functions
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

  I'm a beginner postgresql admin and I have problems with pltcl on a solaris
  box.

  Some users need statistical function (standard deviation, variance) and
I know
  that this feature is not (yet) implemented. I found a piece of Tcl code
in the
  mailing list archive at

  http://www.postgresql.org/mhonarc/pgsql-sql/1998-10/msg00070.html

  and I'm trying to make it work...

  Currently, the pltcl language is installed, all functions and aggregates are
  created, but when I launch the query in psql :

  select a, count(b) as n, average(b),
    variance(b), stddev(b) from t1 group by a;

  I got the following error message :

ERROR:  Load of file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/pltcl.so failed: ld.so.1: /usr/
local/p
gsql/bin/postmaster: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/
pltcl.so
: symbol CurrentMemoryContext: referenced symbol not found

 Is there a way to solve this dynamic link problem ?

 Note : the pltcl is not really needed for itself. I'm just looking for the
 statistical functions, so every solution is wecome ;)

 Michel.

OS: Solaris 2.7

Used Software:
    gcc-2.95.2
    make-3.79
    binutils-2.9.1
    flex-2.5.4
    bison-1.28

Source: postgresql-7.0.2
Configuration:
./configure \
    --prefix=/usr/local/pgsql \
    --with-x \
    --with-perl \
    --with-odbc \
    --without-CXX \
    --with-tcl \
    --with-includes=/usr/local/pgtools/include \
    --with-libs=/usr/local/pgtools/lib \
    --with-tclconfig=/usr/local/pgtools/lib \
    --with-tkconfig=/usr/local/pgtools/lib

Environment variables:
PGHOME=/usr/local/pgsql
PGLIB=/usr/local/pgsql/lib
PGDATA=/var/local/lib/pgsql/data
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/openwin/lib:/usr/local/pgsql/lib