Обсуждение: pg_dump problem

pg_dump problem

От
John Burski
Дата:
I'm having a bit of trouble with the "pg_dump' command in PostgeSQL
7.0.2 (running on Red Hat 6.0).

When I issue the "pg_dump jcon" (jcon being the database name, of
course) I receive the following error message:

     getInherits():  SELECT failed

I'm issuing the command as the postgres "root" user - postgres - and I
have no problem accessing and manipulating the data in the "jcon"
database as that user.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

--
John R. Burski - (Title depends on the hat I'm wearing)
Automotive Parts Headquarters, Inc.

Вложения

Re: [NOVICE] pg_dump problem

Дата:
John Burski <jburski@autopartshq.com> writes:
> When I issue the "pg_dump jcon" (jcon being the database name, of
> course) I receive the following error message:

>      getInherits():  SELECT failed

It might be time to put this in the FAQ ;-).  You're probably trying
to run a 6.5 (or earlier?) pg_dump against a 7.0 database.  The older
pg_dump doesn't do any version checking, and the first it realizes
it's got trouble is when it hits incompatibilities in the system
table layout.

Check your PATH to see where pg_dump is coming from...

            regards, tom lane

Re: [NOVICE] pg_dump problem

От
John Burski
Дата:
Just the ticket!!  I renamed the old "pg_dump" command in /usr/bin and
created a symbolic link to the "pg_dump" command in /usr/local/pgsql/bin
and, voila!, life is good!

Thanks, Tom!