Re: pg_dump problem

От John Burski
Тема Re: pg_dump problem
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Just the ticket!!  I renamed the old "pg_dump" command in /usr/bin and
created a symbolic link to the "pg_dump" command in /usr/local/pgsql/bin
and, voila!, life is good!

Thanks, Tom!

Tom Lane wrote:

> John Burski <jburski@autopartshq.com> writes:
> > When I issue the "pg_dump jcon" (jcon being the database name, of
> > course) I receive the following error message:
>
> >      getInherits():  SELECT failed
>
> It might be time to put this in the FAQ ;-).  You're probably trying
> to run a 6.5 (or earlier?) pg_dump against a 7.0 database.  The older
> pg_dump doesn't do any version checking, and the first it realizes
> it's got trouble is when it hits incompatibilities in the system
> table layout.
>
> Check your PATH to see where pg_dump is coming from...

John R. Burski - (Title depends on the hat I'm wearing)
Automotive Parts Headquarters, Inc.
125 South 29th Avenue
Saint Cloud, MN 56301
320 252 5411 x137