Обсуждение: Re: [ADMIN] Problems with heavy-loaded postgres

Re: [ADMIN] Problems with heavy-loaded postgres

От
"Aldrin Leal"
Дата:
> When I try to access the database with 50 simultaneous connections,
>the database crash, when I use the -o-F option for postmaster, and
>doesn't crash if I do not use it.

    I suggest you to reduce the load postgresql receives. A trick is to use
FastCGI, turning cgi sessions into full-time data servers. Open
http://www.fastcgi.com/ and take a look (there´s another url, but i can´t
remember, i think it´s fastcgi.idle.com, check it out, please :])

    done. Aldrin Leal <aldrin@americasnet.com>

Re: [ADMIN] Problems with heavy-loaded postgres

От
Chris Johnson
Дата:
Come on now - this isn't a real solution!  If the site is popular then he
will get more than 50 connections... fastcgi or not he will be over that
limit.

Chris

--
As I learn the innermost secrets of the people around me, they reward
me in many ways to keep me quiet.

On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Aldrin Leal wrote:

> > When I try to access the database with 50 simultaneous connections,
> >the database crash, when I use the -o-F option for postmaster, and
> >doesn't crash if I do not use it.
>

>     I suggest you to reduce the load postgresql receives. A trick is to use
> FastCGI, turning cgi sessions into full-time data servers. Open
> http://www.fastcgi.com/ and take a look (there�s another url, but i can�t
> remember, i think it�s fastcgi.idle.com, check it out, please :])
>
>     done. Aldrin Leal <aldrin@americasnet.com>

Re: [ADMIN] Problems with heavy-loaded postgres

От
"Aldrin L."
Дата:
On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Chris Johnson wrote:

> Come on now - this isn't a real solution!  If the site is popular then he
> will get more than 50 connections... fastcgi or not he will be over that
> limit.

    Hm... i think on about three things:

    - Opening a connection does have some overhead on the system;
    - As far as i know, FastCGI has a system to schedule/organize
sessions. If you have one single FastCGI instance opened, it can serve two
diferent (simultaneous) processes by letting one of them waiting. And as
far i know, these delay isn't crucial. :]
    - Opening a process is a futile overhead. That's why we have
thing like isapi/nsapi. :]

    done. Aldrin Leal <aldrin@americasnet.com>