Re: [ADMIN] Problems with heavy-loaded postgres

От Aldrin L.
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Problems with heavy-loaded postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Chris Johnson wrote:

> Come on now - this isn't a real solution!  If the site is popular then he
> will get more than 50 connections... fastcgi or not he will be over that
> limit.

    Hm... i think on about three things:

    - Opening a connection does have some overhead on the system;
    - As far as i know, FastCGI has a system to schedule/organize
sessions. If you have one single FastCGI instance opened, it can serve two
diferent (simultaneous) processes by letting one of them waiting. And as
far i know, these delay isn't crucial. :]
    - Opening a process is a futile overhead. That's why we have
thing like isapi/nsapi. :]

    done. Aldrin Leal <aldrin@americasnet.com>