Обсуждение: Can't access entire window in Graphical Query Builder (Windows platform)

Can't access entire window in Graphical Query Builder (Windows platform)

От
"Michael Haltrecht"
Дата:
Even when I rotate my monitor (so it's taller than wider), I can't scroll to
access past the 55th field.
The window scroll bars don't seem to take into account the actual size of
the table.

This is still an issue in 1.10.2

Thanks,
Michael

Re: Can't access entire window in Graphical Query Builder (Windows platform)

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 16/03/2010 17:29, Michael Haltrecht a écrit :
> Even when I rotate my monitor (so it's taller than wider), I can't scroll to
> access past the 55th field.
> The window scroll bars don't seem to take into account the actual size of
> the table.
>
> This is still an issue in 1.10.2

I added this in our bugtracker : http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/ticket/151

Thanks for your report.

--
Guillaume.http://www.postgresqlfr.orghttp://dalibo.com

Re: Can't access entire window in Graphical Query Builder (Windows platform)

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 17/03/2010 12:34, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
> Le 16/03/2010 17:29, Michael Haltrecht a écrit :
>> Even when I rotate my monitor (so it's taller than wider), I can't scroll to
>> access past the 55th field.
>> The window scroll bars don't seem to take into account the actual size of
>> the table.
>>
>> This is still an issue in 1.10.2
>>

> I added this in our bugtracker : http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/ticket/151
>
> Thanks for your report.

I reproduce this quite easily. In fact, we don't have scroll bars in
tables' graphic representation and 55 fields is the maximum number of
fields we can render on the canvas. So, you're right, you can't see past
the 55th field.

A simple way to fix this would be to have a bigger canvas. A smarter way
to fix this would be to have a growable canvas. The better way would be
to have a growable canvas and resizable tables' graphic representation.

Ashesh, is there something we can do on this issue?

--
Guillaume.http://www.postgresqlfr.orghttp://dalibo.com

Re: Can't access entire window in Graphical Query Builder (Windows platform)

От
Ashesh Vashi
Дата:
Hi Guillaume,

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 2:40 PM, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
Le 17/03/2010 12:34, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
> Le 16/03/2010 17:29, Michael Haltrecht a écrit :
>> Even when I rotate my monitor (so it's taller than wider), I can't scroll to
>> access past the 55th field.
>> The window scroll bars don't seem to take into account the actual size of
>> the table.
>>
>> This is still an issue in 1.10.2
>>

> I added this in our bugtracker : http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/ticket/151
>
> Thanks for your report.

I reproduce this quite easily. In fact, we don't have scroll bars in
tables' graphic representation and 55 fields is the maximum number of
fields we can render on the canvas. So, you're right, you can't see past
the 55th field.

A simple way to fix this would be to have a bigger canvas. A smarter way
to fix this would be to have a growable canvas. The better way would be
to have a growable canvas and resizable tables' graphic representation.

Ashesh, is there something we can do on this issue?

I have sent a fix for the same for the same in my The-print-support.
But, It was never got revisited. :-(

If you want, I can resend a patch, which takes care about this only..

--
Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: Can't access entire window in Graphical Query Builder (Windows platform)

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Hi Ashesh,

Le 12/04/2010 03:44, Ashesh Vashi a écrit :
> Hi Guillaume,
>
> On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 2:40 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume@lelarge.info>wrote:

>> scroll to
>> of

>>> I added this in our bugtracker : http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/ticket/151
>>>
>>> Thanks for your report.
>>>

>> I reproduce this quite easily. In fact, we don't have scroll bars in
>> tables' graphic representation and 55 fields is the maximum number of
>> fields we can render on the canvas. So, you're right, you can't see past
>> the 55th field.
>>
>> A simple way to fix this would be to have a bigger canvas. A smarter way
>> to fix this would be to have a growable canvas. The better way would be
>> to have a growable canvas and resizable tables' graphic representation.
>>
>> Ashesh, is there something we can do on this issue?
>>

> I have sent a fix for the same for the same in my The-print-support.
> But, It was never got revisited. :-(
>
> If you want, I can resend a patch, which takes care about this only..

If you can do so, yes, that would be great.

Thanks.

--
Guillaume.http://www.postgresqlfr.orghttp://dalibo.com

Re: Can't access entire window in Graphical Query Builder (Windows platform)

От
Ashesh Vashi
Дата:
Hi Guillaume,

PFA.

Right click on GQB will popup a menu (Refresh).
This will adjust the size of the scroll windows, if the table's size goes beyond the current size.

1200x800 is the default minimum size of the scrolled window defined by the constants:
#define GQB_MIN_WIDTH  1280
#define GQB_MIN_HEIGHT 800

I tried adding the same code, when adding a new table/view.
But, if I select a table for next to get created (by double click on left-side tree) and then press left clicks few times, the application is crashing.. Hence, just added this code to work with the pop-up menu. :-(

--

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 1:04 PM, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
Hi Ashesh,

Le 12/04/2010 03:44, Ashesh Vashi a écrit :
> Hi Guillaume,
>
> On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 2:40 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume@lelarge.info>wrote:

>> scroll to
>> of

>>> I added this in our bugtracker : http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/ticket/151
>>>
>>> Thanks for your report.
>>>

>> I reproduce this quite easily. In fact, we don't have scroll bars in
>> tables' graphic representation and 55 fields is the maximum number of
>> fields we can render on the canvas. So, you're right, you can't see past
>> the 55th field.
>>
>> A simple way to fix this would be to have a bigger canvas. A smarter way
>> to fix this would be to have a growable canvas. The better way would be
>> to have a growable canvas and resizable tables' graphic representation.
>>
>> Ashesh, is there something we can do on this issue?
>>

> I have sent a fix for the same for the same in my The-print-support.
> But, It was never got revisited. :-(
>
> If you want, I can resend a patch, which takes care about this only..

If you can do so, yes, that would be great.

Thanks.

Re: Can't access entire window in Graphical Query Builder (Windows platform)

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Hi Ashesh,

Le 12/04/2010 11:14, Ashesh Vashi a écrit :
> [...]
> Right click on GQB will popup a menu (Refresh).
> This will adjust the size of the scroll windows, if the table's size goes
> beyond the current size.

I checked your patch this morning. Works great. Thanks Ashesh.

> 1200x800 is the default minimum size of the scrolled window defined by the
> constants:
> *#define GQB_MIN_WIDTH  1280*
> *#define GQB_MIN_HEIGHT 800*
> *
> *
> I tried adding the same code, when adding a new table/view.
> But, if I select a table for next to get created (by double click on
> left-side tree) and then press left clicks few times, the application is
> crashing.. Hence, just added this code to work with the pop-up menu. :-(

Didn't try this, but will do tonight. It would be better if it
automatically grows the canvas size.

--
Guillaume.http://www.postgresqlfr.orghttp://dalibo.com

Re: Can't access entire window in Graphical Query Builder (Windows platform)

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 13/04/2010 09:01, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
> Hi Ashesh,
>
> Le 12/04/2010 11:14, Ashesh Vashi a écrit :
>> [...]
>> Right click on GQB will popup a menu (Refresh).
>> This will adjust the size of the scroll windows, if the table's size goes
>> beyond the current size.
>>

> I checked your patch this morning. Works great. Thanks Ashesh.
>
>> 1200x800 is the default minimum size of the scrolled window defined by the
>> constants:
>> *#define GQB_MIN_WIDTH  1280*
>> *#define GQB_MIN_HEIGHT 800*
>> *
>> *
>> I tried adding the same code, when adding a new table/view.
>> But, if I select a table for next to get created (by double click on
>> left-side tree) and then press left clicks few times, the application is
>> crashing.. Hence, just added this code to work with the pop-up menu. :-(
>>

> Didn't try this, but will do tonight. It would be better if it
> automatically grows the canvas size.

It seems to work with this patch (to apply above your own patch). Can
you try it, please? It didn't crash for me, but I'm not a good tester.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Вложения

Re: Can't access entire window in Graphical Query Builder (Windows platform)

От
Ashesh Vashi
Дата:
Looks good to me.
But, performance is slow, if I have more number of tables (about more than 10 tables).

I have modified your patch, but for some reason not working..
PFA.. (please check if we can do something about it..)

--

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 12:29 AM, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
Le 13/04/2010 09:01, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
> Hi Ashesh,
>
> Le 12/04/2010 11:14, Ashesh Vashi a écrit :
>> [...]
>> Right click on GQB will popup a menu (Refresh).
>> This will adjust the size of the scroll windows, if the table's size goes
>> beyond the current size.
>>

> I checked your patch this morning. Works great. Thanks Ashesh.
>
>> 1200x800 is the default minimum size of the scrolled window defined by the
>> constants:
>> *#define GQB_MIN_WIDTH  1280*
>> *#define GQB_MIN_HEIGHT 800*
>> *
>> *
>> I tried adding the same code, when adding a new table/view.
>> But, if I select a table for next to get created (by double click on
>> left-side tree) and then press left clicks few times, the application is
>> crashing.. Hence, just added this code to work with the pop-up menu. :-(
>>

> Didn't try this, but will do tonight. It would be better if it
> automatically grows the canvas size.

It seems to work with this patch (to apply above your own patch). Can
you try it, please? It didn't crash for me, but I'm not a good tester.

Вложения

Re: Can't access entire window in Graphical Query Builder (Windows platform)

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 14/04/2010 09:35, Ashesh Vashi a écrit :
> Looks good to me.
> But, performance is slow, if I have more number of tables (about more than
> 10 tables).
>
> I have modified your patch, but for some reason not working..
> PFA.. (please check if we can do something about it..)

Well, I tried it. It works great for me. It could probably be faster,
but my computer is not fast already, so I don't think that really counts.

Anyways, it works. It fixes Michael's issue. So I'm for pushing it on
the SVN. Aren't you?

--

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 12:55 AM, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
Le 14/04/2010 09:35, Ashesh Vashi a écrit :
> Looks good to me.
> But, performance is slow, if I have more number of tables (about more than
> 10 tables).
>
> I have modified your patch, but for some reason not working..
> PFA.. (please check if we can do something about it..)

Well, I tried it. It works great for me. It could probably be faster,
but my computer is not fast already, so I don't think that really counts.

Anyways, it works. It fixes Michael's issue. So I'm for pushing it on
the SVN. Aren't you?

I am ok with it...
It is all yours.. :-)

--
Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise Postgres Company

--

Re: Can't access entire window in Graphical Query Builder (Windows platform)

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 15/04/2010 07:07, Ashesh Vashi a écrit :
> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 12:55 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume@lelarge.info>wrote:
>
>> Le 14/04/2010 09:35, Ashesh Vashi a écrit :
>>> Looks good to me.
>>> But, performance is slow, if I have more number of tables (about more
>> than
>>> 10 tables).
>>>
>>> I have modified your patch, but for some reason not working..
>>> PFA.. (please check if we can do something about it..)
>>>

>> Well, I tried it. It works great for me. It could probably be faster,
>> but my computer is not fast already, so I don't think that really counts.
>>
>> Anyways, it works. It fixes Michael's issue. So I'm for pushing it on
>> the SVN. Aren't you?
>>

> I am ok with it...
> It is all yours.. :-)

Done. Thanks Ashesh for your patch, and thanks Michael for your report.

--
Guillaume.http://www.postgresqlfr.orghttp://dalibo.com