Обсуждение: crash on Mac OS X in version >= 1.6.2 when using owner comboboxes

crash on Mac OS X in version >= 1.6.2 when using owner comboboxes

От
David Lowry
Дата:
Hi,
I've been having some trouble with pgAdmin III in versions after
1.6.1 on OS X. It happens when I try to select the owner for an
object using the combobox. Here's a short description on how to
reproduce the problem:

1) Start pgAdmin
2) Connect to a database
3) Right click on "Databases"
4) Click on "New Database..."
5) Click on the drop-down box next to "Owner"
6) Select one of the users

At this point pgAdmin segfaults.

I've been able to reproduce this on both the Intel and PPC platforms.
Here are a list of the versions for the Intel machine I've tested
this on:

PostgreSQL: 8.1.6 on Fedora Core 5 (postgresql-8.1.6-1.fc5)
pgAdmin: 1.6.2, but also the latest trunk build (http://
www.pgadmin.org/snapshots/osx/pgadmin3-trunk-20070201.tar.bz2)
OS X: 10.4.8

pgAdmin versions prior to 1.6.2 seem to work fine.

I've included the OS X crash report as an attachment. I'm currently
trying to compile wxWidgets and pgAdmin with --enable-debug to see if
I can get some more information.

Anybody else having this problem? Thanks for looking into this.

--
David Lowry <dlowry@bju.edu>

Вложения

Re: crash on Mac OS X in version >= 1.6.2 when using owner comboboxes

От
John DeSoi
Дата:
Yes, this crash is reproducible for me too. Work-around is to type
the name in the combo box rather than using the popup menu.

On Feb 2, 2007, at 8:14 AM, David Lowry wrote:

> Anybody else having this problem? Thanks for looking into this.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL

Re: crash on Mac OS X in version >= 1.6.2 when using owner comboboxes

От
Dave Livesay
Дата:
David,

Just wanted to let you know I'm having the same problem.

To get around this, you can tab into the field, type the first letter
of the owner, then tab out of the field. I'm not sure what to do if
you have two owners that start with the same letter; I don't have
that many owners.

I have had to drop back to using 1.4.3 though, because this is not
the only problem I'm having with 1.6.2. It is also stalling when I
try to back up databases. It will get up to a certain point and just
stall. If I close the export window, the program crashes.

I found your message by searching the archives at http://
archives.postgresql.org/, so this isn't a reply to your original
message, so it may not thread properly.

Re: crash on Mac OS X in version >= 1.6.2 when using owner comboboxes

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Dave Livesay wrote:
> David,
>
> Just wanted to let you know I'm having the same problem.
>
> To get around this, you can tab into the field, type the first letter of
> the owner, then tab out of the field. I'm not sure what to do if you
> have two owners that start with the same letter; I don't have that many
> owners.

Thanks, fixed in SVN for 1.6.3.

> I have had to drop back to using 1.4.3 though, because this is not the
> only problem I'm having with 1.6.2. It is also stalling when I try to
> back up databases. It will get up to a certain point and just stall. If
> I close the export window, the program crashes.

Investigating...

Regards, Dave

Re: crash on Mac OS X in version >= 1.6.2 when using owner comboboxes

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Dave Livesay wrote:
> David,
>
> It is also stalling when I try to
> back up databases. It will get up to a certain point and just stall. If
> I close the export window, the program crashes.

I've committed a fix to SVN that appears to resolve this.

Thanks, Dave

Re: crash on Mac OS X in version >= 1.6.2 when using owner comboboxes

От
David Lowry
Дата:
On Feb 5, 2007, at 8:16 AM, Dave Page wrote:
>> To get around this, you can tab into the field, type the first
>> letter of
>> the owner, then tab out of the field. I'm not sure what to do if you
>> have two owners that start with the same letter; I don't have that
>> many
>> owners.
>
> Thanks, fixed in SVN for 1.6.3.

I just tried the snapshot (http://www.pgadmin.org/snapshots/osx/
pgadmin3-1.6-20070206.tar.bz2) and the problem seems to be resolved.

Thanks!