Обсуждение: FW: V 1.20 Beta 1

FW: V 1.20 Beta 1

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
[forwarded to the list - please correct your address book!]

From: Secrétariat [mailto:ets@rolland-fr.com]
Sent: 14 October 2004 09:41
To: pgadmin-support-owner@postgresql.org
Subject: V 1.20 Beta 1

Hello !

I used The 1.20 Beta 1 for some weeks on Windows XP SP2 connected to a Linux PG 7.4.5 or a Windows PG 8.0 Beta 2 dev 3.
It's a great job !
Some points need to be fixed :
- French localization incomplete :
menu outils :
    Start service ->        Démarrer le service
    Stop service ->        Arrêter le service
    Connect ->              Connexion
    Query tool ->           Gestion des requètes
    View filtered data -> Filtrage des données
    Backup ->               Sauvegarder
    Grant wizard ->        Gestion des droits
menu Affichage :
    Count ->                  Comptage
menu Aide :
    Tip of the Day ->      Conseil du jour
Onglets :
    Depend on ->           Dépendances
    Referenced by ->      Référencé par
Properties of a server :
    Connect ->               Connexion
Connexion windows :
    Connect to server ->  Connexion au serveur
    Please enter password for user xxx on server xxx (x.x.x.x)
    -> Veuillez composer le mot de passe de l'utilisateur xxx pour le serveur xxx (x.x.x.x)
    Need password ->    Mot de passe requis
Properties of a database :
    Grant wizard ->        Gestion des droits
Properties of  a schema (and all dependent objects) :
    Grant wizard ->        Gestion des droits
Properties of a table :
    Count -*>                Comptage
    View filtered data -> Filtrage des données
    Backup ->               Sauvegarder
Properties of a View :
    View filtered data -> Filtrage des données
Properties of a field :
    Not NULL ->            Non NULL

- When I use the "Count" choice, on a table, it does nothing. What is the purpose ?

- The SQL generator quote some type , it's not needed :
    "char", "varchar", "numeric"

- The type decimal doesn't appear in the Field type properties

- The quotation lacks in the query tool :
   "l'article" gives "l\'article" instead of "l''article"

- The Query tool don't point where occur an error (1.02 does it), it doesn't send any message on most synthax error.

Thanks for your job !

Luc

Re: FW: V 1.20 Beta 1

От
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:
> [forwarded to the list - please correct your address book!]

Several strings are already fixed, please use a newer language file (or
Beta2). If you'd like to contribute French translation stuff, you're
welcome. Please contact Raphael to coordinate the work on that.

>     - When I use the "Count" choice, on a table, it does nothing. What
>     is the purpose ?

Update the row count in the table; if the count is current, you won't
see a difference.

>     - The SQL generator quote some type , it's not needed :
>         "char", "varchar", "numeric"

Fixed issue, use Beta2

>     - The type decimal doesn't appear in the Field type properties

The internal pgsql name is numeric.

>     - The quotation lacks in the query tool :
>        "l'article" gives "l\'article" instead of "l''article"

l'article can be quoted both ways. But I wonder where you found that.

>     - The Query tool don't point where occur an error (1.02 does it), it
>     doesn't send any message on most synthax error.

Hu? Can't reproduce that. Please give examples.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: FW: V 1.20 Beta 1

От
Raphaël Enrici
Дата:
Andreas Pflug wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
>
>> [forwarded to the list - please correct your address book!]

Hi,

Mmmh French translation help would be appreciated as I'm quite busy with
packaging stuff. BTW, many of the sentences you fix are already fixed in
the current cvs head (recheck them if you feel like I did mistake [and I
'm quite sure I did some]). Can you please check out the current .po
file and propose updates/corrections with most priority to
non-translated or fuzzy strings ? If you need more details, just drop me
a mail with cc to pgadmin-hackers@postgresql.org, we'll help as much as
we can.

Regards,
Raphaël