Обсуждение: pgAdmin III v1.8.0 Beta 2 released

pgAdmin III v1.8.0 Beta 2 released

От
Dave Page
Дата:
I'm pleased to announce the release of the second beta version of
pgAdmin III v1.8.0.

pgAdmin is the leading graphical administration and development tool for
PostgreSQL, EnterpriseDB and most other PostgreSQL-derived DBMSs. It can
be used on Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, Mac and Solaris with servers on any
platform. For more information, please see the website:
http://www.pgadmin.org/

For details of the changes since v1.6, please see the changelog at:
http://www.pgadmin.org/development/changelog.php

To download the beta, please visit the download page at
http://www.pgadmin.org/download/. In addition to the source code, binary
downloads are currently available for Windows, Mac OS X and Slackware
Linux. Additional binaries will be released as soon as possible.

This is a pre-release version and should be used at your own risk!
Please report any bugs or problems to pgadmin-support@postgresql.org.

Regards, Dave.

--
Dave Page
pgAdmin Project Lead

Re: pgAdmin III v1.8.0 Beta 2 released

От
Erwin Brandstetter
Дата:
I noticed a peculiarity when installing the new beta2 at my other PC
(Win XP Home):

I had the previous beta1 installed. When running "upgrade.bat" for
beta2 it stopped with an error:

   A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file:
   G:\Soft\DB\pgadmin3-1.8.0-beta2\pgadmin3-1.8.0-beta1.msi

It looks as though "msiexec" requires the previous .msi file in the
same directory for deinstallation first.
After copying old and new .msi files to the same directory it went off
without a hitch. Both versions can live in the same directory as the
filename of beta1 was different: "pgadmin3-1.8.0-beta1.msi". That's
probably also why my first installation yesterday did not complain: I
had the old .msi file in the same directory.

It might become tricky, though, if the next beta has the same filename
"pgadmin3.msi". One would have to rename the new .msi file and adapt
the "upgrade.bat" to make it work - or deinstall the previous beta
first and install without the "upgrade.bat" (probably simpler).

Or could it be that "v" in "REINSTALLMODE=vamus" actually requires
the .msi file of the previous version to have the same name? In this
case it might work if the next .msi has the same name. I speculate
after having read about msiexec options here:

Regards
Erwin

Re: pgAdmin III v1.8.0 Beta 2 released

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
> I noticed a peculiarity when installing the new beta2 at my other PC
> (Win XP Home):
>
> I had the previous beta1 installed. When running "upgrade.bat" for
> beta2 it stopped with an error:
>
>    A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file:
>    G:\Soft\DB\pgadmin3-1.8.0-beta2\pgadmin3-1.8.0-beta1.msi
>
> It looks as though "msiexec" requires the previous .msi file in the
> same directory for deinstallation first.
> After copying old and new .msi files to the same directory it went off
> without a hitch. Both versions can live in the same directory as the
> filename of beta1 was different: "pgadmin3-1.8.0-beta1.msi". That's
> probably also why my first installation yesterday did not complain: I
> had the old .msi file in the same directory.

Hi Erwin,

If the filename is the same it shouldn't complain, even if installed fom
a different directory. The vamus option used in the batch file roughly
equates to 'rerun this installation, overwriting every installed file'.
Although it's a newer MSI file, it will upgrade because the features and
components in the database are matched to those already installed by the
product ID.

This is the same technique we've used on the Windows builds of
PostgreSQL since 8.0.1.

Regards, Dave.

Re: pgAdmin III v1.8.0 Beta 2 released

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Thu, 2007-07-26 at 14:46 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> In addition to the source code, binary
> downloads are currently available for Windows, Mac OS X and Slackware
> Linux. Additional binaries will be released as soon as possible.

I just uploaded RPMs for Fedora Core 7. Also, there is an SRPM for all
RH/FC platforms that has wx >= 2.8.0 .

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: pgAdmin III v1.8.0 Beta 2 released

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Sun, 2007-07-29 at 02:05 +0300, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> I just uploaded RPMs for Fedora Core 7.

I meant "Fedora 7", sorry.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ