Re: pgAdmin III v1.8.0 Beta 2 released

От Erwin Brandstetter
Тема Re: pgAdmin III v1.8.0 Beta 2 released
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
I noticed a peculiarity when installing the new beta2 at my other PC
(Win XP Home):

I had the previous beta1 installed. When running "upgrade.bat" for
beta2 it stopped with an error:

   A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file:
   G:\Soft\DB\pgadmin3-1.8.0-beta2\pgadmin3-1.8.0-beta1.msi

It looks as though "msiexec" requires the previous .msi file in the
same directory for deinstallation first.
After copying old and new .msi files to the same directory it went off
without a hitch. Both versions can live in the same directory as the
filename of beta1 was different: "pgadmin3-1.8.0-beta1.msi". That's
probably also why my first installation yesterday did not complain: I
had the old .msi file in the same directory.

It might become tricky, though, if the next beta has the same filename
"pgadmin3.msi". One would have to rename the new .msi file and adapt
the "upgrade.bat" to make it work - or deinstall the previous beta
first and install without the "upgrade.bat" (probably simpler).

Or could it be that "v" in "REINSTALLMODE=vamus" actually requires
the .msi file of the previous version to have the same name? In this
case it might work if the next .msi has the same name. I speculate
after having read about msiexec options here:

Regards
Erwin