Re: installing pgtclu

От teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind Glomsrød)
Тема Re: installing pgtclu
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Fran Fabrizio <ffabrizio@mmrd.com> writes:

> I hate to ask such a lame question but I've got an error I just can't
> solve.
>
> [postgres@yojo postgresql-7.1.3]$ createlang pltclu monitoring
> ERROR:  Load of file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/pltcl.so failed: libtcl8.3.so:
> createlang: language installation failed
>
> tcl is installed and working.  I've set every environment variable I can
> think of.  The tcl libraries are installed into /usr/local/lib and were
> compiled as shard libraries.  Why can't createlang find libtcl8.3.so?
> I've been searching newsgroup archives for an hour and surprisingly
> can't find the answer to this one.

One thing I've seen happen: Because both the pltcl.so and libtcl think
their so-name is libtcl.so.0. Your case is likely slightly different,
though - it looks like your library isn't found, instead of just
symbols not being resolved. If you're running linux, try adding
/usr/local to your /etc/ld.so.conf

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.