Re: [HACKERS] bug or change in functionality in 7.2?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] bug or change in functionality in 7.2?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
F Harvell <fharvell@fts.net> writes:
>   In my experiences with other databases, the notations indicated in
> the Date/Darwin book do indeed work whereas the PostgreSQL notation
> (with the closing single quote following the start to end
> specification) do not work.

In current sources:

regression=# select INTERVAL '2:12:35' HOUR TO SECOND;
 interval
 02:12:35
(1 row)

regression=# select INTERVAL '2:12:35 HOUR TO SECOND';
ERROR:  Bad interval external representation '2:12:35 HOUR TO SECOND'
regression=#

Looks like Lockhart agrees with you ;-)