Re: bug or change in functionality in 7.2?

От F Harvell
Тема Re: bug or change in functionality in 7.2?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 19 Nov 2001 11:24:08 EST, Tom Lane wrote:
> F Harvell <fharvell@fts.net> writes:
> >   In my experiences with other databases, the notations indicated in
> > the Date/Darwin book do indeed work whereas the PostgreSQL notation
> > (with the closing single quote following the start to end
> > specification) do not work.
>
> In current sources:
>
> regression=# select INTERVAL '2:12:35' HOUR TO SECOND;
>  interval
> ----------
>  02:12:35
> (1 row)
>
> regression=# select INTERVAL '2:12:35 HOUR TO SECOND';
> ERROR:  Bad interval external representation '2:12:35 HOUR TO SECOND'
> regression=#
>
> Looks like Lockhart agrees with you ;-)

If the above is true (i.e., errors on the second interval literal), it
should probably be mentioned in the release notes (HISTORY file?).
While I eagerly anticipate the change and agree with it, it will break
a lot of my current code.  I think this is (potentially) correct,
however, it should be told to people who are using interval literals
and anticipating to make the upgrade to 7.2.

--
Mr. F Harvell                          Phone: +1.407.673.2529
FTS International Data Systems, Inc.    Cell: +1.407.467.1919