Обсуждение: installing pgtclu

installing pgtclu

От
Fran Fabrizio
Дата:
I hate to ask such a lame question but I've got an error I just can't
solve.

[postgres@yojo postgresql-7.1.3]$ createlang pltclu monitoring
ERROR:  Load of file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/pltcl.so failed: libtcl8.3.so:
createlang: language installation failed

tcl is installed and working.  I've set every environment variable I can
think of.  The tcl libraries are installed into /usr/local/lib and were
compiled as shard libraries.  Why can't createlang find libtcl8.3.so?
I've been searching newsgroup archives for an hour and surprisingly
can't find the answer to this one.

Thanks,
Fran

Re: installing pgtclu

От
teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind Glomsrød)
Дата:
Fran Fabrizio <ffabrizio@mmrd.com> writes:

> I hate to ask such a lame question but I've got an error I just can't
> solve.
>
> [postgres@yojo postgresql-7.1.3]$ createlang pltclu monitoring
> ERROR:  Load of file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/pltcl.so failed: libtcl8.3.so:
> createlang: language installation failed
>
> tcl is installed and working.  I've set every environment variable I can
> think of.  The tcl libraries are installed into /usr/local/lib and were
> compiled as shard libraries.  Why can't createlang find libtcl8.3.so?
> I've been searching newsgroup archives for an hour and surprisingly
> can't find the answer to this one.

One thing I've seen happen: Because both the pltcl.so and libtcl think
their so-name is libtcl.so.0. Your case is likely slightly different,
though - it looks like your library isn't found, instead of just
symbols not being resolved. If you're running linux, try adding
/usr/local to your /etc/ld.so.conf

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.

Re: installing pgtclu

Дата:
Fran Fabrizio <ffabrizio@mmrd.com> writes:
> Why can't createlang find libtcl8.3.so?

You didn't say what platform you're on, but my bet is that you need to
set LD_LIBRARY_PATH or have some dealings with ldconfig to get the
system to look in the right place for libtcl.

            regards, tom lane