Re: How to create a *pass-through-query* in postgresql

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: How to create a *pass-through-query* in postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
D.I.,

> >I use postgresql as backend and MsAccess97 as frontend via ODBC.
> >I know, how to use VBA and pass through queries to update or insert
> rows in
> postgresql->tables.
> >But I don't know, how to do this the other way round, from
> postgresql to
> MsAccess.
> >I want to develop a trigger, which updates or inserts rows in some
> local
> tables in >MsAccess on the client side.

To be blunt, on top of Richard's objections, this sounds like really bad
database application design to me.  What is it you're trying to
accomplish? Chances are, it would be a much better idea to simply
relocate those "local tables" to the server.

-Josh

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: