postgres dying

От Callis
Тема postgres dying
Дата
Re: postgres dying  (Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hi all,

  Please pardon me if it sound naive or its been answered.
I am running freeradius with postgresql for VOIP with
Cisco gateways. But my server keeps dying and after tuning
the SHMMX and number of connections and all that i still
get the same results.

Any form of help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

System: Fedora 3
CPU  : 3GHZ pentium(IV)
RAM  : 2GB
HDD  : 3 35GB hardisks
Freeradius: freeradius-1.0.1-1
Postgresql: postgresql-7.4.6-1.FC3.1

Postgresql.conf:
================
tcpip_socket = true
max_connections = 180
         # note: increasing max_connections costs about
500 bytes of shared
         # memory per connection slot, in addition to
costs from shared_buffers
         # and max_locks_per_transaction.
superuser_reserved_connections = 4

# RESOURCE USAGE (except WAL)

# - Memory -

#Set to 256MB
shared_buffers = 24000          # min 16, at least
max_connections*2, 8KB each

sort_mem = 32168                # min 64, size in KB
#vacuum_mem = 8192              # min 1024, size in KB

# - Free Space Map -

#max_fsm_pages = 20000          # min
max_fsm_relations*16, 6 bytes each
#max_fsm_relations = 1000       # min 100, ~50 bytes each

# - Kernel Resource Usage -

#max_files_per_process = 1000   # min 25
#preload_libraries = ''