Re: [OT] Tom's/Marc's spam filters?

От Jim Wilson
Тема Re: [OT] Tom's/Marc's spam filters?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane said:

> Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com> writes:
> > is there some way of getting a look at tom's or marc's filters? i could
> > sure use a bit of help there. lordy, we're close to drowing in the
> > stuff!
>
> Tell me about it :-(
>
> I currently use four levels of filtering:
>
> 1. DNSBL lists: blackholes.five-ten-sg.com, bl.spamcop.net, relays.ordb.org
> (there are others out there, but these seem to have a good impedance
> match to my personal spam load).
>
> 2. Private blacklist of IP ranges that have sent me too much spam.
> sendmail has a pretty easy mechanism to support this, although it
> only seems to support /8 /16 or /24 ranges which is a bit coarse.
> (If you've gotten a "Go away spammer" bounce from me, you were caught
> by this filter --- let me know and I'll tighten the ranges.)
>
> 3. I have noticed that bouncing any machine that sends "HELO
> sss.pgh.pa.us" gets rid of a ton of spam and viruses.  I don't know of
> any real clean way to do this, but I have a sendmail.cf hack for it.
>
> 4. Very long list of procmail filters on header and body patterns.
>
> #2 and #4 are fairly personal, in the sense that they have a decent
> success/failure ratio for the junk mail I get.  I wouldn't recommend
> that someone else try my lists, and in any case they take a heck of a
> lot of hand maintenance.  I've been looking into more automated methods
> such as CRM114 but haven't made the jump yet.

Yes they sure are.  I tried my personal blacklist on a client's server one
time after they complained of seeing dozens a minute slipping by.  It did just
about nothing, but it got them started on their own.  #3 looks interesting
though...

Best regards,

Jim Wilson

Сообщение: Re: [OT] Tom's/Marc's spam filters?
Сообщение: Re: [OT] Tom's/Marc's spam filters?