Re: [OT] Tom's/Marc's spam filters?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [OT] Tom's/Marc's spam filters?
Дата
Re: [OT] Tom's/Marc's spam filters?  ("Keith C. Perry" <netadmin@vcsn.com>)
Re: [OT] Tom's/Marc's spam filters?  (Karel Zak <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>)
Re: [OT] Tom's/Marc's spam filters?  (jseymour@LinxNet.com (Jim Seymour))
Re: [OT] Tom's/Marc's spam filters?  (Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>)
Список pgsql-general
Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com> writes:
> is there some way of getting a look at tom's or marc's filters? i could
> sure use a bit of help there. lordy, we're close to drowing in the
> stuff!

Tell me about it :-(

I currently use four levels of filtering:

1. DNSBL lists: blackholes.five-ten-sg.com, bl.spamcop.net, relays.ordb.org
(there are others out there, but these seem to have a good impedance
match to my personal spam load).

2. Private blacklist of IP ranges that have sent me too much spam.
sendmail has a pretty easy mechanism to support this, although it
only seems to support /8 /16 or /24 ranges which is a bit coarse.
(If you've gotten a "Go away spammer" bounce from me, you were caught
by this filter --- let me know and I'll tighten the ranges.)

3. I have noticed that bouncing any machine that sends "HELO
sss.pgh.pa.us" gets rid of a ton of spam and viruses.  I don't know of
any real clean way to do this, but I have a sendmail.cf hack for it.

4. Very long list of procmail filters on header and body patterns.

#2 and #4 are fairly personal, in the sense that they have a decent
success/failure ratio for the junk mail I get.  I wouldn't recommend
that someone else try my lists, and in any case they take a heck of a
lot of hand maintenance.  I've been looking into more automated methods
such as CRM114 but haven't made the jump yet.

Сообщение: Re: [OT] Tom's/Marc's spam filters?
Сообщение: Re: [OT] Tom's/Marc's spam filters?