Re: [OT] Tom's/Marc's spam filters?

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: [OT] Tom's/Marc's spam filters?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 01:06:18AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> 3. I have noticed that bouncing any machine that sends "HELO
> sss.pgh.pa.us" gets rid of a ton of spam and viruses.  I don't know of
> any real clean way to do this, but I have a sendmail.cf hack for it.

By the way, thanks very much for this tip. This almost in one hit made
a many of our spam and virus filters redundant. Very nice on the load.
I'd noticed that some perl mail modules appear to get this wrong but it
efficiently catches our customers sending viruses and spam through our
relay too.

I'm using Exim 3 so I can only pick this up after the mail has been
received but with Exim 4 I should be able to kill the email in SMTP
stage.

Вложения