Re: [OT] Tom's/Marc's spam filters?

От Matthew D. Fuller
Тема Re: [OT] Tom's/Marc's spam filters?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 05:35:51AM -0000 I heard the voice of
Jim Wilson, and lo! it spake thus:
> Tom Lane said:
> >
> > 3. I have noticed that bouncing any machine that sends "HELO
> > sss.pgh.pa.us" gets rid of a ton of spam and viruses.  I don't know of
> > any real clean way to do this, but I have a sendmail.cf hack for it.
>
> #3 looks interesting though...

I've been blocking HELO as anything under my domain, as well as my IP
address (as well as any bare IP addresses) for a while, and it
certainly drops a fair bit.  And I maintain a long list of HELO names,
AND IP ranges, AND sending hostnames, AND senders domains, plus all
the filtering I do after accepting the mail...  Wacky.  If we just
renamed 'spam' to 'justifiable homicide'...

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd@over-yonder.net