Re: List response time...

От Ian Lance Taylor
Тема Re: List response time...
Дата
Re: Re: List response time...
Список pgsql-hackers
Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> writes:

> Mailing lists don't scale well to large numbers of subscribers.  I see this
> delay constantly,on multiple lists.  The bigger the list gets, the slower the
> list gets (and the more loaded the server gets, right Marc? :-)).

Note that the postgresql.org mail server is still running sendmail.
In my personal experience with sources.redhat.com, qmail is a much
better choice to handle large mailing lists.  When we switched from
sendmail to qmail, mailing list delays dropped from hours, or
sometimes even days, to seconds.

Ian