Re: Re: List response time...

От Vince Vielhaber
Тема Re: Re: List response time...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 21 Aug 2001, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

> Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> writes:
>
> > Mailing lists don't scale well to large numbers of subscribers.  I see this
> > delay constantly,on multiple lists.  The bigger the list gets, the slower the
> > list gets (and the more loaded the server gets, right Marc? :-)).
>
> Note that the postgresql.org mail server is still running sendmail.
> In my personal experience with sources.redhat.com, qmail is a much
> better choice to handle large mailing lists.  When we switched from
> sendmail to qmail, mailing list delays dropped from hours, or
> sometimes even days, to seconds.

ooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....  I've been raggin on
Marc on that one for well over a year, maybe two..  I started using
qmail when it was still in .7something beta and never looked back.  The
folks at Security Focus have moved all of the lists to ezmlm (part of
qmail) and have had nothing but success...  But don't tell Marc.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net        56K Nationwide Dialup from $16.00/mo
atPop4 Networking       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop Superstore
http://www.cloudninegifts.com