Can PostgreSQL compete with FoxPro for speed

От Chris Fossenier
Тема Can PostgreSQL compete with FoxPro for speed
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hey,

I am trying to assist a client in structuring their data department.  My recommendation was moving towards an SQL
platform. However, now that I have actually done some benchmarking, I'm not so sure about that recommendation.  An SQL
platformlike Postgres will give them better management and structure, but FoxPro appears to be beating the pants off of
mypostgres server.

If someone can point me to some studies or something I would really appreciate it.

Chris.