Re: phpPGAdmin Indexes, what does this do?

От Manfred Koizar
Тема Re: phpPGAdmin Indexes, what does this do?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 14:02:55 -0800 (PST), Sean <dcmkx10@yahoo.com>
wrote:
>To further see what was going on, I removed the new index from
>the dev DB and testing the query again... amazingly, too me, it was
>still fast. Can anyone explain this to me?

CREATE INDEX updates reltuples and relpages in pg_class.  This might
cause the planner to choose a different plan.  May I guess that you
didn't VACUUM or ANALYSE your table for a long time?

Servus
 Manfred