Question on Replication

От Alex
Тема Question on Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,
I just went through the install notes on erserver1.2 and saw a mention
in there that every table for replication requires a integer based
column. It also states that a new column is added for every table that
is replicated.

The tables I intend to replicate already have such a column. Can the
server be configured to use these instead so that the tables on both
server remain unchanged ?

What is the overhead in using replication and what is the timing of the
replication. I have a database and we add roughly 100k records during an
update operation.

I did not find a lot of information on that except 2 small documents in
distribution. can anyone point me to the site where there is a detailed
description?

Thanks
Alex