Re: Question on Replication

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Question on Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 12:59:00AM +0900, Alex wrote:

> The tables I intend to replicate already have such a column. Can the
> server be configured to use these instead so that the tables on both
> server remain unchanged ?

Yes.  I recently posted a brief discussion of how to do this to the
erserver list.  The archives are available on the gborg site.

> What is the overhead in using replication and what is the timing of the
> replication. I have a database and we add roughly 100k records during an
> update operation.

You will need lots of memory.  The replication canot happen, of
course, before the transaction commits.  You may find that it will
not keep up to 100k records in a single snapshot, unless you do that
infrequently.

> I did not find a lot of information on that except 2 small documents in
> distribution. can anyone point me to the site where there is a detailed
> description?

I suggest checking the mailing list.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110