Re: postgresql crushed with XLogWrite error

От Tsirkin Evgeny
Тема Re: postgresql crushed with XLogWrite error
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 12:39:20 -0500, Andrew Sullivan
<andrew@libertyrms.info> wrote:

> The only things that should make a difference to you should be in the
> /etc directory, assuming the RPM follows the filesystem standard (I
> believe it does).
It does not ,rpm puts the staff in /var/lib

> My suggestion is to back everything up, then
> replace the RPM in the standard way, and then compare the files one
> at a time to see what's different.  I'll bet the binaries and
> libraries, of course, and things under /etc/[postgres?]/, and that's
> it.  Most likely, it'll be postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf, and maybe
> pg_ident.conf.

Well, this is what i eventually did ,it was just more convinient to
wget the rpms ,type rpm -Uhv postgres*rpm and then replace 2 files.
(It took some work to recall what i have changed in the config
files,thought)
That was simpler then rpm2cpio etc... as i thought at the beginning.
The server works fine by now,hope this XLogWrite thing will not come
back .
Thanks for the help.
Evgeny

От: Robert Treat
Сообщение: Re: Migration from M$ SQL
От: Eimar Koort
Сообщение: Starting PostgreSQL on FreeBSD