Re: postgresql crushed with XLogWrite error

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: postgresql crushed with XLogWrite error
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 07:35:16PM +0200, Tsirkin Evgeny wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 11:23:08 -0500, Andrew Sullivan
> <andrew@libertyrms.info> wrote:
>
> I want to keep my configs.Of course i can save my postgresql.conf
> (and other files that i changed and don't currently remember)
> to another location and then put it back in place of what rpm will
> put ,but as i said ,i don't actually remember what i have changed :(

The only things that should make a difference to you should be in the
/etc directory, assuming the RPM follows the filesystem standard (I
believe it does).  My suggestion is to back everything up, then
replace the RPM in the standard way, and then compare the files one
at a time to see what's different.  I'll bet the binaries and
libraries, of course, and things under /etc/[postgres?]/, and that's
it.  Most likely, it'll be postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf, and maybe
pg_ident.conf.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110