Re: - what protocol for an Internet postgres connection

От Doug McNaught
Тема Re: - what protocol for an Internet postgres connection
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Fernando Flores Prior <fprior@tlaloc.imta.mx> writes:

> Hi Doug,
>
> So,  it is safe then to use ODBC for an Internet connection ?
> I'm in doubt about that, mainly because of the lag involved
> on this kind of network and its transient failures that may
> cause a disconnection.

It's as safe as any other API--as I said, there's only one wire
protocol used by all libraries.  Lag will just slow things down but
should not cause any data loss.  If your connection drops too often
due to packet loss there isn't much you can do about that at the PG
level--get a better network connection.  :)

-Doug