- what protocol for an Internet postgres connection

От Fernando Flores Prior
Тема - what protocol for an Internet postgres connection
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I've been toying around with postgresql for some time now.

Our  database server is based on a linux box (RH 8) and
the client side was developed in CBuilder (and Delphi) connecting
via ODBC.  It works just great in the LAN.

At this time we are commited to deliver a similar application but with a
different
setup. The database server must be internet available. The client side will
be basicly the same app we have now. It is not very data intensive by any
means, per session it will use about 50Kb of data at most. Concurrent users
are not expected to be more than five.  Its a very light application but still
given the special features that it has to encompass is not feasible or
cost-wise
to evolve it into a Web application.

The question is:  what connection protocol would be the best suited for
this task ?

any input is very appreciated

-Fernando