Re: REMOVE

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: REMOVE
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, alvherre@dcc.uchile.cl (Alvaro Herrera) wrote:
> On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 06:17:31PM +0200, Stephen Kennedy wrote:
>
>> An ex-workmate had forwarded his mail to our group so we could deal with
>> work-related stuff,  and so we received all of his
>> mailing list stuff as well.
>> This option had not occurred to me.
>
> That is so annoying :-(  Specially when the receiving account is no
> longer available -- the list owner starts getting bounces from an
> account he can't unsubscribe, and it's hard to track down who of the
> whole list is forwarding to the bogus account.

I wouldn't be shocked to see this happen with my @acm.org address at
some point.

I wind up forwarding any messages I want to send via the NNTP gateway,
as it appears that mail that I send with the @acm.org address as email
just plain disappears somewhere between my machine at home and the
mail server at postgresql.org.  Evidently the mismatch between that
and the domain it then comes out of (sympatico.ca) causes someone to
drop it on the floor.

I have correspondingly little confidence that an attempt to send email
to shut off messages would actually work.  So while I can chuckle at
the "idiots," it may not require that for unsubscribe attempts not to
work...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="gmail.com" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/slony.html