Re: Case Insensitive Test

От Manuel Sugawara
Тема Re: Case Insensitive Test
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Donald Fraser" <demolish@cwgsy.net> writes:

> > Nice work, just two comments (1) the C++ comment style (//) is not
> > portable for C programs and should be changed and (2) the standard way
>
> Fair comment but since it has to be compiled against a valid
> PosgtreSQL distribution, which all require GNU compilers, I don't
> see what the problem is.

PostgreSQL compiles fine with many compilers in many platforms, and
not only with gcc: it's designed that way with a lot of effort and
headaches; just check the list of supported plataforms

> > to distribute this kind of stuff is a tarball, zip is more from the
> > windows world.
>
> Ok its I added the tar.gz file to the distribution, which you'll note it twice
> the size of the zip file. May be I don't know how to use tar properly but
> that's why I used the zip format - it always seems to come out smaller by at
> least a factor of 2.

Really?, Mine is smaller:

masm@conexa$ ls -l citext.*
-rw-r--r--    1 masm     masm         7334 sep 25 17:00 citext.zip
-rw-r--r--    1 masm     masm         7147 sep 25 18:12 citext.tar.gz

[downloading yours]..., Oh I see: you are using compress(1) instead of
gzip.

Regards,
Manuel.