Fw: Case Insensitive Test

От Donald Fraser
Тема Fw: Case Insensitive Test
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
----- Original Message -----
From: "Manuel Sugawara" <masm@fciencias.unam.mx>
To: "Donald Fraser" <demolish@cwgsy.net>
Cc: "[ADMIN]" <pgsql-admin@postgresql.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2003 11:12 PM
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Case Insensitive Test

> "Donald Fraser" <demolish@cwgsy.net> writes:
>
> > The Case Insensitive Text data type for PostgreSQL is now part of
> > the GBorg projects.
> >
> > http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/citext/projdisplay.php
>
> Nice work, just two comments (1) the C++ comment style (//) is not
> portable for C programs and should be changed and (2) the standard way

Fair comment but since it has to be compiled against a valid PosgtreSQL
distribution, which all require GNU compilers, I don't see what the problem is.
All the C GNU compilers that I've ever used support C++ style comments which in
my opinion are much nicer to use.

> to distribute this kind of stuff is a tarball, zip is more from the
> windows world.

Ok its I added the tar.gz file to the distribution, which you'll note it twice
the size of the zip file. May be I don't know how to use tar properly but
that's why I used the zip format - it always seems to come out smaller by at
least a factor of 2.

Regards
Donald