Re: Fw: Case Insensitive Test

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Fw: Case Insensitive Test
Дата
Re: Fw: Case Insensitive Test  ("scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
"Donald Fraser" <demolish@cwgsy.net> writes:
>> Nice work, just two comments (1) the C++ comment style (//) is not
>> portable for C programs and should be changed and (2) the standard way

> Fair comment but since it has to be compiled against a valid PosgtreSQL
> distribution, which all require GNU compilers,

We have several beta testers who keep us honest on exactly this point;
they use compilers that do not take //.  Personally I wish gcc could
be configured not to have these little non-ANSI-isms ...

> Ok its I added the tar.gz file to the distribution, which you'll note
> it twice the size of the zip file.

Shouldn't be.  Did you use "gzip -9"?  For instance, I get these sorts
of numbers on a directory full of C source files:

$ ls -l z.*
-rw-r--r--   1 tgl        users       142048 Sep 25 20:40 z.tar.gz
-rw-r--r--   1 tgl        users       156389 Sep 25 20:41 z.zip