Re: real time replication of pgsql database

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: real time replication of pgsql database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Centuries ago, Nostradamus foresaw when hellz_waren@yahoo.co.in (hellz waren) would write:
> we are designing a heavy duty database in pgsql that
> expects to grow at an average of 100 MB spread over
> tables of 250 tables.
>
> We require always on database (24 X 7) database. And
> if one fails, the other one needs to start up.
>
> Could you someone tell me if there's any open source
> project that enables real time replication of data
> back up.
> I can use heartbeat, mon etc then to awake the other
> server if the main server is down.

You might want to look into Slony-I; it can do this sort of thing.

Version 1.1.0 was released on Thursday...
--
wm(X,Y):-write(X),write('@'),write(Y). wm('cbbrowne','gmail.com').
http://slony.info