Обсуждение: real time replication of pgsql database

real time replication of pgsql database

От
hellz waren
Дата:
hi,
we are designing a heavy duty database in pgsql that
expects to grow at an average of 100 MB spread over
tables of 250 tables.

We require always on database (24 X 7) database. And
if one fails, the other one needs to start up.

Could you someone tell me if there's any open source
project that enables real time replication of data
back up.
I can use heartbeat, mon etc then to awake the other
server if the main server is down.

Thanks,

Hrishikesh

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your friends 'n family snaps for FREE with Yahoo! Photos
http://in.photos.yahoo.com

Re: real time replication of pgsql database

От
Jeff Frost
Дата:
Sounds like slony is what you're looking for:

http://slony.info/

--
Jeff Frost, Owner     <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>
Frost Consulting, LLC     http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/

Re: real time replication of pgsql database

От
Christopher Browne
Дата:
Centuries ago, Nostradamus foresaw when hellz_waren@yahoo.co.in (hellz waren) would write:
> we are designing a heavy duty database in pgsql that
> expects to grow at an average of 100 MB spread over
> tables of 250 tables.
>
> We require always on database (24 X 7) database. And
> if one fails, the other one needs to start up.
>
> Could you someone tell me if there's any open source
> project that enables real time replication of data
> back up.
> I can use heartbeat, mon etc then to awake the other
> server if the main server is down.

You might want to look into Slony-I; it can do this sort of thing.

Version 1.1.0 was released on Thursday...
--
wm(X,Y):-write(X),write('@'),write(Y). wm('cbbrowne','gmail.com').
http://slony.info

Re: real time replication of pgsql database

От
"Jim C. Nasby"
Дата:
You should also look at http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgcluster/

On Sat, Jun 25, 2005 at 11:44:37AM -0400, Christopher Browne wrote:
> Centuries ago, Nostradamus foresaw when hellz_waren@yahoo.co.in (hellz waren) would write:
> > we are designing a heavy duty database in pgsql that
> > expects to grow at an average of 100 MB spread over
> > tables of 250 tables.
> >
> > We require always on database (24 X 7) database. And
> > if one fails, the other one needs to start up.
> >
> > Could you someone tell me if there's any open source
> > project that enables real time replication of data
> > back up.
> > I can use heartbeat, mon etc then to awake the other
> > server if the main server is down.
>
> You might want to look into Slony-I; it can do this sort of thing.
>
> Version 1.1.0 was released on Thursday...
> --
> wm(X,Y):-write(X),write('@'),write(Y). wm('cbbrowne','gmail.com').
> http://slony.info
> Who's afraid of ARPA?

Re: real time replication of pgsql database

От
hellz waren
Дата:
I think slony is the solution. thanks.
i will install it and will see the result.

Hellz_Waren

Too much spam in your inbox? Yahoo! Mail gives you the best spam protection for FREE! http://in.mail.yahoo.com