Re: Visual Studio 2005 .Net -> Npgsql -> Postgresql

От Douglas McNaught
Тема Re: Visual Studio 2005 .Net -> Npgsql -> Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Philippe Lang" <philippe.lang@attiksystem.ch> writes:

> Although Npgsql seems to be a very nice library to access Postgresql, I
> was not able to do that. Adding a database to the project is fine for MS
> Access / SQL Server / Oracle databases, but I'm still searching how to
> do it for Postgresql.
>
> So my question is: is it reasonable to expect as much integration of
> Postgresql in Visual Studio than with the other databases? Does anyone
> work under Visual Studio as easily with Postgresql than with MS Access /
> SQL Server?

While knowing very little about Microsoft technologies, I would say
that what you are looking for is a function of the quality of the
database driver.  So talk to the Npgsql folks about your specific
problems rather than posting to -general.

-Doug