Visual Studio 2005 .Net -> Npgsql -> Postgresql

От Philippe Lang
Тема Visual Studio 2005 .Net -> Npgsql -> Postgresql
Дата
Re: Visual Studio 2005 .Net -> Npgsql -> Postgresql  (Listas Evandro (Não use este endereço para mensagens pessoais) <listasjr@gmail.com>)
Re: Visual Studio 2005 .Net -> Npgsql -> Postgresql  (Shelby Cain <alyandon@yahoo.com>)
Re: Visual Studio 2005 .Net -> Npgsql -> Postgresql  (Brar Piening <brar@gmx.de>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I'v been playing with Visual Studio 2005 beta 2 recently. I'm evaluating
it as a RAD tool for developing GUI front-ends to Postgresql.

RAD means for me something similar to Delphi: you configure a database
connexion, drop a few objects on a form, controls, you bind the controls
to the datasource, and finished. No glue code or whatever.

In Visual Studio 2005, that's something I could achieve with a Microsoft
database - Access or SQL Server -. When you select one of these
databases, code is being generated, that works, really, no problem.

Although Npgsql seems to be a very nice library to access Postgresql, I
was not able to do that. Adding a database to the project is fine for MS
Access / SQL Server / Oracle databases, but I'm still searching how to
do it for Postgresql.

So my question is: is it reasonable to expect as much integration of
Postgresql in Visual Studio than with the other databases? Does anyone
work under Visual Studio as easily with Postgresql than with MS Access /
SQL Server?

Philippe